Outhouse Roof and Trim Repair - 2021
Roof Repair - 2020
Restroom Renovation - 2020
Vertical Platform Lift Installation - Summer of 2020
Since the structure was in very poor state of repair it was decided to engage an expert to guide them though the renovation process.
Bero Associates, in Rochester, was hired to inspect the property and give recommendations for renovation, keeping the age of this 1869 Victorian building in mind. A very comprehensive report was issued and the community was approached to aid in funding the costs.
Over the two-year period of this project the membership and community raised over $100,000 to do the work. Not only were the contractors involved but hundreds of volunteer hours were used on this project.
The major work performed was:
- Complete reconstruction of the front porch.
- Complete replacement of all roofs on the structure.
- Complete removal of rotted out northeast porch and reconstruction as per original details.
- Complete zoning of heating system.
- Pointing of two exterior walls with four more major surfaces to be done over the next four years.
- Rebuilding of west back porch.
- Refurbishing of all window shutters and installation of same. These had been stored in the attic and two story outhouse for over 75 years.
- Installation of all new wooden soffits on the house.
- Painting of exterior woodwork and shutters with recommended original colors.
- Replacement of all sidewalks on the property.
- Installation of an historic finial on the 2-story outhouse (the original was not found).
- Replacement of the chimney that had deteriorated to the roof line.
- Re-papering and repainting throughout the house as needed.
- Rebuilding of the driveway with crushed stone.
- Installation of fire and burglar alarms throughout the house.
- Rebuilding of two parapets on the north roof and copper coated same.
- Rebuilding of all porch brick piers in original fashion.